APPEAL FOR DONATIONS, FOR EXPANDING THE MOSQUE
This is an invitation from the Muslims of the Islamic Center of Tri-cities (ICTC), in the State of Washington, to the generous Muslim communities to become partners in the expansion of ICTC with your support.
What is a better reward for Zakat and charity than building a mosque (masjid) to worship and praise Allah the Almighty (SWT); and have a place for learning (Islamic Center) and to present and propagate the words of Allah (SWT) to our communities. The reward is expressed in a Hadith narrated by Ibn Majah (1:243) that Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him) said, the messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:
"Whoever builds a Masjid in which the Name of Allah is remembered, Allah will build for him a house in Paradise."
Islamic Center of Tri-Cities (ICTC) was established in 1979, by the muslim community living in Richland, Kennewick and Pasco, WA USA. Tri-Cities is a growing metropolitan area in Southeast part of Washington state, 200 miles East of Seattle and 200 miles Northeast of Portland. In 1986, a small residential house was purchased which served the need of 15 muslim families. Our community with 100 families outgrew this place, we bought 2.5 acres land and built the present mosque in 1996. Over the past several years, our muslim community has expanded exponentially due to population growth in Tri-Cities and influx of refugees from Middle East, Africa and other parts of the world. Currently, almost 1500 muslims are living in the Tri-Cities. Planning for expansion was started in 2011. The expansion, with about 17,000 sq ft area will consist of a 7,000 sq ft hall for prayers / Dawaa activities, 10 classrooms for Islamic education and an expanded parking lot.
- Dedicated Imam who leads prayers five times a day, delivers Juma khutba, teaches Quran, Hadith and Fiqh. There are separate programs for kids, youth and adults.
- Islamic Sunday School: 60 – 100 students are usually enrolled and there are almost 11 volunteer teachers including Principal and Vice Principal.
- Eid prayers
- Weekly Iftar in Ramadan
- Islamic camp and picnics
- Funeral services and Cemetery for muslims
- Our Islamic Center is actively involved in interfaith and many non muslim individuals and organizations have contacted us to learn about our beautiful religion of Islam. In the past 3 years, more than 25 brothers and sisters have converted to Islam alhamdulillah.
First phase of this project will cost around $967,000. So far we have pledges for about $475,000 and we have collected almost $390,000. We are in dire need of $492,000 to complete this project before coming winter. We are planning to do the remaining work using our community skills and resources. With your generous donations, we can accomplish our goals and ICTC can continue to provide services to muslims and non muslims in this part of the world, for generations to come.
HOW TO DONATE:
Donate online at;
- www.IslamicCenterOfTriCities.com (Caps not required). Transactions are safe and secure via PayPal. You can donate any amount. You will receive donation receipts via email and you can claim for Tax refund.
- Direct bank transfer: Please contact us for bank details.
Send us a check;
- Payable to: ICTC
- You can specify ‘expansion fund’ in the memo.
- Send check to: 2900 Bombing Range Road, West Richland WA, 99353
- You can use your credit / debit card to donate in the masjid.
- Our volunteers will have card readers that you can use to make transactions after every Juma prayer.
- Later on, we will have on-site Kiosk for on-site donations inshAllah.
- You can also drop the check in donation box mounted in the social hall, inside the masjid.
Donate in person;
- Please contact our treasurer brother Yehia Ibrahim on 438-4178 if you want to donate in-person.
2900 Bombing Range Road
West Richland, WA 99353, USA
ICTC is affiliated with Islamic Center of North America (ISNA). We are non profit organization therefore all donations can be claimed for tax refund.
Our Tax ID Number is: 91-1142383
"The Mosques of Allah shall be maintained only by those who believe in Allah and the Last Day; perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give Zakat and fear none but Allah. It is they who are expected to be on true guidance"